Learn how the COUNTER works
The Counter is a stylish educational model, which includes an interactive study guide, to help learn and understand the principles of how a Counter works.
The Ugears Counter consists of a click button that is used to register values, a Geneva Drive that sets the whole mechanism in motion, Cylinder Gears with Numbers, and a Turn Handle. The Counter can register values between 1 and 999. You can then open the front panel of the counter and reset it manually.
Try counting steps on your way home. Or how many people you meet on a stroll through the park. How about, the number of blue cars passing by your house for one hour? Count stairs at home, at school, or at a friend’s house, the options are endless.
When and who invented it
A counter, as a key part of the odometer mechanism, was invented by an Ancient Greek mathematician and engineer Hero of Alexandria who lived in 10-70 AD. It measured the length of the path by counting the number of rotations of the wheel. Later, the counter was improved and completed with a reducer that reduced the number of the wheel’s revolutions depending on the measuring system (miles, leagues, kilometres) and showed reduced data on the display.
These days, counters are used to count the number of passengers, visitors of different events, cars passing through certain check point, sets and scores in sport, items on a production line, etc.
Just like the rest of Ugears collections, putting STEM-lab models together is fun and comprehensive: everything you need to build, learn, and discover comes in a box. There you will find:
- High-quality wooden boards with pre-cut details and other standard supplies. Assembly requires no glue or additional tools. The details come out of the boards with a slight push.
- Detailed step-by-step colour instruction manual. Easy to follow – easy to learn.
- Examples and suggestions for your fun hands-on projects.
- QR-code to Pocket Model’s Study Guide (the Counter Essentials with a description of the mechanism, principle of working, main characteristics, definitions, and formulas).
- QR-code to Ugears AR Application. New exciting features from Ugears to make your learning
experience even more fascinating!
UGEARS STEM LAB COUNTER
First Shipment SOLD OUT
Preorder now for next shipment due August 21, 2020
Model Size: 13.5*6.5*12.2 cm
Number of components: 157
Estimated time for assembly: 2 hours
Assemble the Counter and discover the principle of a working Three-digit Clicker-Counter
- Experiment: the model comes with a QR Code to download an interactive Pocket Model Study Guide which includes engaging and interesting tasks to learn more about how a Counter works.
Immerse yourself in Augmented Reality (AR), find out how the Counter is used in a production line, and interact with it via the dedicated Ugears application.
Available on backorder
The mechanism of the Counter is composed of:
- Click-button to register values
- Cylinder gears with numbers
- Geneva Drive
- A Turn handle to register values